CBD is in the spotlight of the wellness industry, demonstrated by its billion-dollar market. Thousands of people have reported benefits from using CBD, short for cannabidiol oil, and this number is only going to grow. CBD is stated to help people manage depression, chronic pain, nausea, anxiety, to name a few.
A common question for dog-owners is then, if people are experiencing a number of benefits from CBD, then can our dogs?
CBD is a cannabinoid stemming from the cannabis plant and then extracted from hemp. It therefore lacks the compound responsible for getting you “high”: THC. You don’t have to worry about getting your dog high if you choose to give your dog CBD.
What most people don’t know is that like humans, dogs also have an endocannabinoid system, which means their bodies will accept these cannabinoids through this system.
So What Are the Benefits for Dogs?
Many! Maggie Novak from The Libertarian Republic writes about some of the major benefits:
- Chronic Pain – CBD is a natural anti-inflammatory and can help your dog experience relief from chronic pain, such as arthritis.
- Nausea – it is sometimes difficult to determine why your dog is nauseous, but CBD can boost their appetite, helping them return to a healthy diet.
- Calms Anxiety – CBD can balance the body, creating a calmer mood so your dog can be more at peace when anxious situations occur.
- Relief from Cancer Symptoms – CBD has been shown to reduce the severity of cancer symptoms.
- Seizures – Many dog owners have praised CBD for helping control their dog’s epilepsy and seizures.
- Heart Health – Giving CBD oil to your dog may protect the blood vessels in their heart, which can reduce their chances of developing heart disease
- Skin – Ever had a dog who wouldn’t stop scratching? Are seasonal allergies something you unfortunately predict each year? Try applying a topical CBD oil to itchy patches of skin – this has been shown to reduce redness and irritation on their skin.
Other Remedi CBD Related Blogs: